|Cyrillic letters database bug?
|Page 1 of 1|
|Author:||Axel Russia [ 09 Mar 2005, 04:38 ]|
|Post subject:||Cyrillic letters database bug?|
I installed Phprojekt/4.2 Apache/1.3.33 Mysql 4.1 - cyrillic letters are processed perfectly.
After installation of CMS4P/0.6.0 the following problem with cyrillic symbols emerged: I type cyrillic symbol in any field, make preview - everything OK, but after saving the document all symbols after the first entry of cyrillic symbol in this field are disappearing (i.e. disappear only cyrillic symbols and everything after them, but not before).
I tryed some options with charsets, but all the same.
Is it a known bug?
I found in FAQ that: "Note, however, that currently you cannot mix different alphabets. If your content is in Chinese (for example) the users must use Phprojekt with the Chinese language set. This is because the charset is set per user, not per content."
but even if I type everything in Russian - all fields are blank after saving.
Can you suggest smth to cope with?
|Author:||mvaldez [ 09 May 2005, 05:04 ]|
|Post subject:||Cyrillic alphabet problem...|
So sorry for this late answer. I hope I can still help you.
> I type cyrillic symbol in any field, make
> preview - everything OK, but after saving
> the document all symbols after the first
> entry of cyrillic symbol in this field are
> disappearing (i.e. disappear only cyrillic
> symbols and everything after them, but
> not before). I tryed some options with
> charsets, but all the same. Is it a known bug?
Hi. Are you still having this problem? Have you tried a different browser or a different font? Please check the content of the MySQL database (the content3 table) and check if the characters are also missing there.
In case you are using Russian or Slovak: currently, when selecting Russian or Slovak as language, there is a mismatch between the charset used by Phprojekt and the one used by the CMS module. The used by Phprojekt is "windows-1251/windows-1250" while the one used by the CMS module is "iso-8859-5/iso-8859-2". It could be that your browser gets confused with this (I know Internet Explorer is so prone to this).
If you check the database content and it is ok, then the problem is a problem when rendering the page. In this case, test with another browser or even another computer. Also, try to see the source code of the page to check if it is being sent by the web server in the right format.
If the content in the database is wrong, then the browser is sending the wrong content or the web-server (or the PHP engine) is mangling the received text.
I have tested the CMS module using Russian and it works Ok in my testing server. If you could provide me more information or even a sample of the database content and a saved webpage of the malfunctioning CMS, I can have better chances to find the cause.
Mario A. Valdez-Ramirez.
|Page 1 of 1||All times are UTC - 7 hours|
|Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group