mariovaldez.net
http://www.mariovaldez.net/webapps/forums/

Windows 98 SE Bug (products disappear)
http://www.mariovaldez.net/webapps/forums/viewtopic.php?f=14&t=129
Page 1 of 1

Author:  jbeezwatercraft [ 19 Sep 2004, 09:04 ]
Post subject:  Windows 98 SE Bug (products disappear)

on a Windows 98 SE machine after modifying a product, it simply removes itself from the database, or rather corrupts the name and or product number so it can no longer be seen.

my guess is its deleting it.
have no idea why.

as for the button bug, it is the same for windows XP, Win2k Pro, Win2k Advanced Server, and windows 98 se

Author:  mvaldez [ 20 Sep 2004, 17:29 ]
Post subject: 

jbeezwatercraft:

> on a Windows 98 SE machine after modifying a product,
> it simply removes itself from the database, or rather
> corrupts the name and or product number so it can no
> longer be seen. my guess is its deleting it.
> have no idea why.

That's not good at all. :shock:

Go to the configuration window, and enable the option "Log SQL queries to file". Then run the application and try to reproduce the problem. After that, close the application and go to the directory where it is installed (by default in :\Program Files\oscomwin\) and look for a file named OSCDEBUG.TXT. Please post it to the forum or send me the file by email to mario@mariovaldez.org. (The file contain no passwords or hostnames, so it is safe to post).

> as for the button bug, it is the same for windows XP,
> Win2k Pro, Win2k Advanced Server, and windows 98 se

It seems to be related to the resolution or the use of small/big fonts (not within the application but from the Windows' Display options). I'm fixing this.

Regards,

Mario A. Valdez-Ramirez.

Author:  jbeezwatercraft [ 22 Sep 2004, 10:42 ]
Post subject:  thanks

mvaldez wrote:
jbeezwatercraft:

> on a Windows 98 SE machine after modifying a product,
> it simply removes itself from the database, or rather
> corrupts the name and or product number so it can no
> longer be seen. my guess is its deleting it.
> have no idea why.

That's not good at all. :shock:

Go to the configuration window, and enable the option "Log SQL queries to file". Then run the application and try to reproduce the problem. After that, close the application and go to the directory where it is installed (by default in :\Program Files\oscomwin\) and look for a file named OSCDEBUG.TXT. Please post it to the forum or send me the file by email to mario@mariovaldez.org. (The file contain no passwords or hostnames, so it is safe to post).

> as for the button bug, it is the same for windows XP,
> Win2k Pro, Win2k Advanced Server, and windows 98 se

It seems to be related to the resolution or the use of small/big fonts (not within the application but from the Windows' Display options). I'm fixing this.

Regards,

Mario A. Valdez-Ramirez.

Thank you, I will do that sometime today and get the log sent to you.

I wanted to also thank you for this program, our store has over 60,000 products and there is simply no easy way to work with them in the standard web-OSCommerce interface.
Your hard work has made my life much more easier.

Thx.
David.

Page 1 of 1 All times are UTC - 7 hours