mariovaldez.net

MV.net forums
It is currently 14 Jul 2016, 00:57

All times are UTC - 7 hours

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 9 posts ] 
 Post subject: products attributes
PostPosted: 02 Jan 2007, 15:20 
HI Mario
thanks for a great programme I am using 646 build ,very stable

One thing I think is important is product attributes,, is this availaible?

would go nicely with the excel import :lol:

I have exprted to txt and looks the same as easypop export.. is that hard to bring the other way?
thanks for a great programme,, much needed :wink:

cheers

rusty

Report this post

Post subject: Attributes, import...
PostPosted: 08 Jan 2007, 19:48 

Rusty:

> HI Mario thanks for a great programme I am using
> 646 build ,very stable

Thanks for the report! I hope soon to relase it as stable and move on to the next set of features.

> One thing I think is important is product
> attributes,, is this availaible?
> would go nicely with the excel import

I know. This change in the database connectivity was a major change in the application. I hope to write the attributes editor in the next major version, along with an import option.

> I have exprted to txt and looks the same
> as easypop export.. is that hard to bring the
> other way?

Tab-separated values (similar to CSV, comma-separated values). Choosed that format because it is easy to read and can be read by Excel, OpenOffice Calc and many others spreadsheet programs.

Regarding the complexity of importing; yes, it is a bit more complex. Also, I would like to write a generic exporting interface, so it would be possible to import not only from Excel, but also from ODBC sources, remote modules, etc. But maybe I should first write a simple CSV import, and then try something else.

> thanks for a great programme,, much needed

Thanks for the comment.

Regards,

Mario A. Valdez-Ramirez.

Report this post
 Post subject:
PostPosted: 30 Jan 2007, 02:18 
thatd be awesome mario
attributes and import are the only two things i can see that are missing from what seems to be an awesome app...

Thanks again

Jay

Report this post

Post subject:
PostPosted: 05 Apr 2007, 04:13 
Is this project still a live? There is very low activity on this forum...

Report this post

PostPosted: 30 Jan 2008, 13:25 
Hi

is this still under development?,

would be an awesome addon..

thanks

Report this post

PostPosted: 30 Jan 2008, 16:36 

rusty1001:

> is this still under development?

Hi. The OSCPMWin application is still under development and attributes management (along with custom product fields and customer/invoices management). However, there are some requests to port the app to GNU / Linux and Mac, so I'm deciding if I keep developing this app for Windows-only for one year or two or if I should do the jump and port it right now using Java or Lazarus. I know this may seems a bit uninteresting for it is a critical decision I have to make before implementing those new features.

I'll keep you informed.

Regards,

Mario A. Valdez-Ramirez.

Report this post
PostPosted: 18 Feb 2008, 00:55 
I just set up your application thanks and it is useful for me. I sure appreciate what's created by generous forwarding thinking folks like yourself!

But I use attributes a lot and am just dying for something to enable this for me. The Store Manager required the VPN I'm not quite ready to go for

The Shop Express is still years later as German only.

Easypop won't import into my excel as my rows/columns bust out and exceed (I don't have many products even/just enough options it blows out during import!!).

Hoping an attributes function is in the works?

Report this post

PostPosted: 04 Apr 2008, 03:52 
Hello Mario,
First let me thank you for an amazing program. It has cut down on the time I need to spend in the admin. Thanks for that.

I understand you are working on a import export module but can I add that a global price change like the contribution "Quick Updates" would be very helpful.

Many venders only give wholesale price in their feed and so adding/subtracting a Global percent to the price or a whole number would be great.

Also important on import is to match categories. Allowing a template or matching field for categories would be so helpful. In this way variations in category would not lead to new categories being created in the site.

Waiting patiently for your update and Thanks again.
Jay

Report this post

Post subject: Global price change...
PostPosted: 15 Jun 2008, 19:49 

Jay:

> a global price change like the contribution "Quick Updates"
> would be very helpful. Many venders only give wholesale
> price in their feed and so adding/subtracting a Global percent
> to the price or a whole number would be great.

Hi. I know you are talking about the (future) import module but let me tell you that you can already do group operations (adding and subtracting, absolute values or percentages) with the OSCPMWin application. For a global operation you can do a search without parameters which would return all products in your store, then you can choose "Select all products", then "Change price", and then entering "-10%" (for example) to reduce all prices by 10%. Currently only adding and subtracting are the supported operations, for price and stock values.

Regards,

Mario A. Valdez-Ramirez.

Report this post
Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 9 posts ]