mariovaldez.net

MV.net forums
It is currently 14 Jul 2016, 00:42

All times are UTC - 7 hours

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 5 posts ] 
 Post subject: Viewing Documents in IE6
PostPosted: 07 Jul 2003, 14:08 

I've recently installed the CMS module but have not managed to get GD support working. I'm on RH7.3/Ensim 3.5. If anyone has sorted this already, let me know.

Martin

Report this post
PostPosted: 07 Jul 2003, 14:25 

Having sent the previous message with the wrong subject line, the other problem I have is viewing documents in WinXP/IE6, which downloads the file to a temp directory, but then fails to open it. I had the same problem in PHProjekt, solved in part by the little purple buttons which cause documents to be downloaded 'inline'.

Any ideas how to fix this problem?

Martin

Report this post
PostPosted: 07 Jul 2003, 23:03 

Martin:

> I've recently installed the CMS module but have
> not managed to get GD support working. I'm on
> RH7.3/Ensim 3.5. If anyone has sorted this
> already, let me know.

Hi. Ensim is a hosting package, right? So, I think you cannot install your own libraries or recompile PHP. Anyway, just to be sure if there is not GD support in your server, let's check if GD is installed.

If you are using the CMS module 0.6.0 beta 9 (the latest beta), you can login as the superuser, go to the administration console and select "Show information on the current PHP setup". Then a new windows will be displayed with your current PHP configuration. Look for a section called "gd", and check the string "GD Version".

If there is no GD section, there is no GD support in your server.
If there is a GD section, check the GD version.
If GD version is 1.8.x (or so), then go to the administration console of the CMS module and set "Use truecolor functions of the GD 2.0 library" to NO.
If the GD version is 2.0.x, then in the configuration script of the CMS module set "Use truecolor functions of the GD 2.0 library" to YES.

If you are using the CMS module 0.5.1 or lower, there is no option to check the PHP setup. Just create a small PHP script called "test.php" containing only the following:
<?php
phpinfo();
?>

The CMS module has no automatic GD detection because there is no easy way to check the version.

> other problem I have is viewing documents in
> WinXP/IE6, which downloads the file to a temp
> directory, but then fails to open it

I guess you are using a SSL connection. IE 5/6 is always a pain to use under SSL.

I would suggest to try the following in this order:

1.- Change the security options in IE (set that the URL of your phprojekt site is in the secure zone and lowering the security for that zone). Test it.

2.- In file cm/getfile.php, uncomment the line for "Cache-Control: must-revalidate" and one of the three following lines (one of the Pragma lines).

3.- At the beginning of the cm/getfile.php script file, uncomment the session_cache_limiter('public') line.

4.- (For Phprojekt and CMS module)
Disable SSL. I know this may not be an option.

Hope this helps.

Mario A. Valdez-Ramirez

Report this post
PostPosted: 08 Jul 2003, 02:10 

Mario,

Thanks for your quick response. I'm using the stable 0.5.1 module.

I may have to wait until Ensim upgrade to PHP to 4.3.* to get GD support. phpinfo() reports PHP 4.2.2 and GD 1.6.2 or later. Although I have complete control over the server, recompiling or upgrading PHP is likely to break the Control Panel, so I'm not going to try.

Your advice on viewing files seems to have worked using Step 2. I went for the first of the three pragma lines. Applications now open outside of IE which is fine. Mozilla seems still to work also.

I'll carry on trying out the module now. Keep up the good work!

Martin

Report this post
PostPosted: 16 Sep 2003, 00:19 

Ensim Webppliance has been upgraded recently to 3.5.18 and phpinfo() reports PHP 4.3.3 and GD 2.0.15 Thumbnail generation now working, although I did have some problems with errors as reported by Netoli Fatal error: Allowed memory size of 10492256 bytes exhausted at (null):0 (tried to allocate 6400 bytes). Increasing resources available to scripts to 30M in php.ini may have resolved this.

Report this post
Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 5 posts ]